Showoff your back and front yard landscaping with quick and easy lighting ideas to illuminate pathways, brighten gardens and put a spotlight on focal points like fountains and swing sets. With a wide variety of outdoor lights to choose from, it is important to find the right one to complement your unique landscape and the architectural details of your home. Here’s a breakdown on how to bring the best light to specific areas in your landscape.
- Garden: You put so much hard work into maintaining your garden, it’s only right to show it off at night. Use canopy lights to reflect light down into the planting beds; look for 18" to 24" posts to create a pool of light and spread these canopy lights near the base of your favorite plants. Canopy lights are also great for lighting up pathways.
- Trees: Whether you want to light up a series of small trees or one massive tree in your yard, use well, flood or bullet lights aimed directly up the tree’s trunk to brighten the natural beauty.
- Home’s exterior: Highlight unique architectural details like bay windows or bring light to the corners of your home’s exterior with bullet and wash lights. You can aim bullet lights in any direction while wash lights provide a soft light to sill space between unique details.
- Focal points: Brighten a fountain, tree swing, gazebo or arbor using multiple flood or bullet lights. It’s important to use multiple lights from different directions to reduce shadows.
- LED bulbs: Although more expensive than halogen bulbs, LEDs are much more efficient and can last up to 20 years longer than standard halogen bulbs, using roughly 50 fewer watts per use.
DirectBuy can help you complete a beautiful landscape with a plethora of outdoor furniture and lights to brighten your landscape. Learn more about the DirectBuy club and the benefits of becoming a member by finding your local club or calling 1-800-320-3462 today.