Holidays are meant to be spent with family, and despite the ice and snow, many people will brace the cold weather to travel home for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s with their loved ones. Whether you’re flying across the country or driving on a short day trip, here are some helpful holiday traveling tips:
- Plan for the worst: Always be ready for the unexpected. With bad weather delaying flights and clogging up highways, it’s smart to prepare an alternate route and pack plenty of entertainment and snacks to keep yourself or the kids happy and satisfied.
- Avoid checking bags: Take the hassle out of flying by packing light for the holiday weekend. Avoid having to wait for luggage after a flight, too! Make sure to pack at least a change of clothes, medications and important documents in your carry on, just in case the airline loses your luggage. Pro Tip: Ship all of your gifts.
- Avoid peak days and times: If you’re driving, try to leave early in the morning or late at night. If you’re flying, avoid booking flights on peak days like the day before Thanksgiving.
- Properly equip your car: Winter driving can be dangerous, so it’s important to keep a winter safety kit in your car in case of an emergency. Your kit should include an ice scraper, jumper cables, tow rope, sand to aid in traction, blankets, flashlights and a car charger for your phone.
- Proper luggage: The right piece of luggage can make all the difference during your travels. From wheeled luggage to garment bags, DirectBuy has a large collection of luggage to fit your needs.
DirectBuy offers a wide array of products, from home appliances and furniture to electronics and home décor items. Learn more about all of the benefits of membership by visiting your local club or by calling 1-800-320-3462. Share your holiday traveling photos with us on Facebook!